18 outubro 2008

Noites de Tormenta / Nights in Rodanthe

I thought I had seen pretty girls in my time
That was before I met you
I never saw one that I wanted for mine
That was before I met you
I thought I was swinging the world by its tail
And I thought that I could never be blue
I thought I'd been kissed and I thought I'd been loved
That was before I met you
They tell me that I must reap what I've sown
But I hope that that isn't true
For once I made plans for living alone
That was before I met you


"Before I Met You", performed by Jule Garrish, from the album "Nights In Rodanthe (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)"


Tell me, a movie with Richard Gere and Diane Lane, based on a book by Nicholas Sparks and including this beautiful song that opens this post, how can it not be good?

This was supposed to be "São Paulo International Film Festival" week, but considering that the main sessions were already sold out a few days ago, Paulo and I decided that we would just ignore it and decided to go watch "Nights in Rodanthe".

Given the film's plot and lead actors (as mentioned above), the theater was composed by three kinds of groups:

  • Bunches of girlfriends

  • Happy couples

  • Paulo and I


I know, a movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, the same guy that wrote "The Notebook", "A Walk to Remember" and "Message in a Bottle", its a recipe for happy-sweet-and-life-changing moments alternated with damn-he-made-me-cry-again moments. And boy, he didn't disappoint us at all.

I won't say more about the movie because I don't want to spoil anyone's experience with it. The only thing I'll say is that if you saw other movies based on his novels and liked, then you should definitely go watch this one too.

Considering that I opened the post with a song, it's just fair that I also end it talking about the film's soundtrack, which is really good and can make you feel the movie. (I already bought the soundtrack and I'm enjoying it while I write this post)

Well, that's it for now. I hope you enjoy the movie if you go watch it, and if you already watched it or read the book, you're more than welcome to comment here. :)

P.s.: Sorry for the "English-only" post, but I was thinking too much in English today and was to lazy to translate it to Portuguese.

Nenhum comentário: